It’s official. Technology hates me. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I filmed a video for my October favourites but it just won’t load onto YouTube. I’m really frustrated already so I’m just going the traditional route and writing about them for now…
0. (Not photographed because I faaailed) MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark – My go-to base this month, buffed in over top of a sunblock for day wear and over bareMinerals Prime Time for evening wear. It takes a bit more time to finish my face when I do this, but I was on sem break so I had all the time I needed. I love that my skin can breathe when I use this!
1. Guerlain Le Bois De Rose – I got this palette before summer this year but I knew I would only start appreciating it toward the cooler months. It’s a great way to wear pink–balanced with a taupe and a deep purple. The darkest shade is absolutely gorgeous.
2. The Body Shop Shimmer Wave in Rose – Ah, my shimmer wave. I’ve had this for such a long time and I haven’t even put a dent in it! I use this when I want a sheen on my cheeks that shows as my face catches the light. It’s great worn alone or over top of another blush to add dimension. You can also use the shades individually, but I tend to just swirl them all together.
3. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Rose Sugar 3 – See previous post! I love this thing!
4. Vidal Sassoon Magic Style Activator (for curl) – When I cut my hair recently, I wanted to wear it in loose, messy curls. I bought this styling product right after I left the salon with the hope that it would help me achieve that look. Unfortunately, I suck at curling my hair. Fortunately, this works really well as a texturizer! I use two pumps of this scrunched into my hair right before I blow dry and it gives my hair more grip. It’s water-based so it doesn’t leave my hair oily or too sticky. This small bottle costs around 325 pesos, but it also comes in a large bottle.
5. Maybelline Eye Studio Lumineyes Shadow – I didn’t know if I should include this because I only started using it in the last two weeks of October… but I really adore it, so here she is. I didn’t expect to be so impressed by a drugstore eyeshadow palette. For 599.00Php, you can get some impressive eyeshadows. My faves are the two darkest shades. Review to follow!
And that’s it for this month! October was all about the pinks, as you can see. October is also breast cancer awareness month (hello, pink ribbons everywhere). It was a total coincidence, promise! It’s a nice one though, cause if I happen to inadvertently draw attention to something, I’d like it to be a good cause. So if you’re reading this and you have a history of cancer in your family, take the time to inspect your breasts once a month and have check-ups at least twice a year beginning at the age of 25. If you’re unaware of your family’s medical history, make an effort to find out. Heck, even if your family has a perfectly healthy track record, go for regular check-ups from the time you hit 30 and live as healthy a life as you can always. Any sickness is that much easier to defeat if you catch it early on. And be happy. :) Life’s too short not to be!