I was out of town when this gem of a box was delivered on Saturday and I had no idea it was coming, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see it waiting in my room when I got home on Sunday night. BDJ Boxes are always something to be excited about, wether they’re filled with a variety of brands or a brand-exclusive box. The April box is filled with 9 Pixy products–yup, that’s Pixy with a Y, not to be confused with the UK-based Pixi with an I.
Pixy cosmetics is an Indonesia-based line that is formulated using the best Japanese technology and ingredients. The brand also happens to be very affordable. I have 9 products from the range to test out and share with you guys. Check it out:Look at all of that pink! This box was made for girly girls! Haha. You’re seeing three powder foundations, three lipsticks, an eyeliner, a blush, and a mascara. With all of that, it will be easy to get a feel of the brand overall. Here are the product names, prices, and some short descriptions:
1. UV Whitening Two Way a Cake perfect Fit Compact (275.00 Php for 12.2g) – Contains two way whitening squalene oil to prevent dry skin and SPF 15 to protect from sun damage.
2. UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Matte ( 145.00 Php for 12g refill) – Clinically tested to not trigger blackheads and is enriched with natural extracts and antibacterial kanzo, making it suitable for oily skin.
3. Ultimate Makeup Cake (445.00 Php for 12.5g) – Can be used as a base or a finishing powder. Will quickly cover any skin flaws, for smoother looking skin. Has oil absorbing properties.
4. Colors of Delight Blush-On (285.00 Php for 3.5g)
5. Colors of Delight Silky Fit Satin Lipstick (245.00 Php) – Creamy and hydrating with a satin finish
6. Colors of Delight Silky Fit Semi-Matte Lipstick (265.00 Php) – Enriched with almond oil and vitamin E
7. Colors of Delight Silky Fit Lasting Matte Lipstick (325.00 Php) – Comfortable and long wearing with not tug and pigment-packed
8. Colors of Delight Eyeliner Pencil (265.00 Php)
9. Colors of Delight Waterproof Mascara (260.00 Php)
The most expensive item in the box is the Ultimate Makeup Cake which goes for only 445.00 Php–less than the price of one eyeshadow at Shu Uemura. I’m hoping the foundations perform better than what the price suggests I should expect, but I haven’t had the chance to really test them out just yet. The lipsticks, however, are easier to play around with right away so I have some first impressions to share already.
Ranging from just 245 – 265 pesos, these lippies are hella affordable. There are three finishes to choose from: Satin, Semi-Matte, and Matte. I think that for the price, the packaging is great and the variety of finishes is nice to see. You also get 3.8g of product in the tubes, which is substantially more than other lippies on the market. Here you can see the Satin, Semi-Matte, and Matte lipsticks swatched from left to right. The shades are #302 Puppy Love, #111 Red Chili, and LM406 Peach Delicacy. I love the colour Peach Delicacy, but the finish that performs the best is the Satin. For the price, these are good lipsticks. I was looking for more pigmentation from bot the Semi-Matte and Matte shades, plus they were a bit too slippery to really last on the lips. The Satin formula should be good for everyday wear.
Of everything else, the blush seems to be the most promising. The brush that somes with it is useless, but the blush itself lasted on my cheeks for a good four hours and was not chalky. I’ll have to get back to you on the other things, although I’m not sure how I will be testing the powder foundations as all of them are much too light in colour for my skin. I wish Asian brands would assume that all Asians want to be white less often, but from what I’ve heard, the stigma of having dark skin is even worse in Indonesia than it is here. So it’s pretty bad. Still, I’ll be happy to talk about the formula of the powders a little bit and then focus more on the other items in this box.
Thanks a bunch to BDJ Box for sending this awesome, jam-packed box over! :) If you haven’t yet considered subscribing, do check their website out here. No subscription service does it quite like BDJ! :)
See anything in the box you would be interested in trying? :) If you got one of your own, which is your fave so far?
*This item was provided to me free of charge. All opinions are my own.