I read Bea’s (The Dalaga Project) post on more “lifted” winged liner last night and felt like giving it a try today. I essentially failed, but I did draw a thicker line than usual. I also wanted to pair it with natural, dewy skin, and I do think I achieved so I figured I would just go ahead and share this. It’s difficult to see the eyeliner head on, but there’s definitely a different overall effect. In the photo below you’ll get a better idea of the shape I ended up with, which is something I actually used to wear loads. I couldn’t resist filling in the space from the tip of the wing to the center of my lid, so I suppose the lifted wing will have to wait for another day.
I went with dewy skin because I thought it would bring a bit of freshness to the cat eye, which usually looks mod or Dita Von Teese-y. I was also just feeling good about my skin today. Haha It’s rare that I actually want my skin to look dewy to begin the day, but I’m really liking this so far. (7 P.M. Edit: Surprisingly did not look like an oil slick today!)And here’s everything I used to achieve the look in one messy little lump.
- MUD Blue Corrector #2
- Bioderma Sensibio Eye Cream mixed in with K Palette Zero Kuma Concealer (Type 1) (review)
- Myra VitaGlow BB Cream in Beige used only on the cheeks
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light for the perimeter of my face (review)
- Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Pressed Powder (Translucent) down the T-Zone
- Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil in Seal Brown (review)
- K Palette 1-Day Magic Liquid Liner (featured here)
- Bobbi Brown Warm Glow Eye Palette (featured here)
- VMV Hypoallergenics Ooh-La-Lash Mascara
Lips & Cheeks:
- Jack Black Lip Balm
- Shu Uemura BG950
- Revlon Ingenue (featured here)
- Ellana Minerals Blush in Peach Passion (featured here)
P.S. Chose an idiotic title on purpose because why not!